Sign in to follow this  
eyedabassman

Compare the Fenwick GT to the St. Croix Mojo?

I have two Fenwick Gt's that my brother gave me! Are these two rods about the same or are not even in the ball park? :-/

The current crop of Fenwick Eagle GT's are decent $50 or so rods, I owned a few of them but upgraded to the HMX's. I also fish alot of St Croix rods, and own multiple rods from the Triumph, Premier, Mojo, Avid, and Legend Tournament series of rods.

I have not fished my Mojo's yet, but in fit,finish, general over all construction they are much better than the Eagle GT, as are the Triumph and Premier, all built on SCII blanks. In the Fenwick line the HMX is really the better comparison, and, also IMHO, are a tad better performance wise than the SCII blank rods. They cost more than the Triumphs, less than the Premiers, and are on par with the Mojo's.

By no means am I bashing the GT's they are very good rods, and if your happy with them your not going to gain a whole lot upgrading to a Mojo, a slight increase in sensitvity, a reduction in weight, and the the "hot new rod" factor.

The current crop of Fenwick Eagle GT's are decent $50 or so rods, I owned a few of them but upgraded to the HMX's. I also fish alot of St Croix rods, and own multiple rods from the Triumph, Premier, Mojo, Avid, and Legend Tournament series of rods.

I have not fished my Mojo's yet, but in fit,finish, general over all construction they are much better than the Eagle GT, as are the Triumph and Premier, all built on SCII blanks. In the Fenwick line the HMX is really the better comparison, and, also IMHO, are a tad better performance wise than the SCII blank rods. They cost more than the Triumphs, less than the Premiers, and are on par with the Mojo's.

By no means am I bashing the GT's they are very good rods, and if your happy with them your not going to gain a whole lot upgrading to a Mojo, a slight increase in sensitvity, a reduction in weight, and the the "hot new rod" factor.

Well put, Thank you !