Sign in to follow this  
TrippyJai

7' + 1 Piece Rods

How do you fit your rods that are 7' + into your small sedans such as a Toyota Corolla?

My longest rod right now is 7', but I can barely fit it into my Honda Accord... It's just a hassle for me taking it in and out, I'm scared I'll damage it...

Buy a BIGGER car! ;D

Before i got my truck, what i would do was roll down the back seat window and stick the tips outside. Its not to bad considering the stick upwards out of most harm. If your heading straight to the water it shouldnt be a big deal.

Also if you dont want to do that you can stick them straight back to front. Like stick the butts in the rear window area, than the tips let sit on the front mirror. It works out just fine to. Thats how we transported our rods when we went to wisconsin!

Our backseat comes down in our 00 honda civic 2 dr. I didn't realize the seats went down until we had to fit an 8ft. christmas tree in it! Have you checked yours?

I have no problems fitting 7' one-piece rods in my little commuter car. Rod butts on the floor on the passenger side and the seat laid back.

0518081150_0001.jpg

I put the rod butt in the back seat and the tip in the passenger corner of the dashboard/windshield area.

I've fit up to a 7'6" stick in my Ford Taurus this way but I think it could handle longer.

I have a 2 door Scion tC , I manage to fit 8ft rods in the front seat. It's a hatch back, so normally I slide them through the back and put the back seats down, but I have fit 8fters in there.

Open your front passenger door, and slide them into the back .

I have a 2 door Scion tC , I manage to fit 8ft rods in the front seat. It's a hatch back, so normally I slide them through the back and put the back seats down, but I have fit 8fters in there.

Open your front passenger door, and slide them into the back .

X2

I can fit a 7'6" one piece into a prelude and a tC, butt section at the floor of the passenger and tip barely touches the rear window.  You should have no problem with an Accord.

I drive a 2000 Cavalier and can fit a 7ftr easy.

I lower the backseat and from the drivers side rear door, I just put the rod in tip first.

The tips rest on the dash and the butt sits on the folded down rear seat.  

I tried fitting them in from the front, but the door gets in the way.

Much easier for me with my car to go in from the back door.

I have a 2003 Corolla. The back seat reverse recline by way of a lever in the trunk behind the seats.  7' rods easily fit with one or both rear seats folded down and placed between the driver and front passenger seats. Positioned correctly, they won't even come close to touching the dash.

Yep... I checked my Accord and you can pull the back seat down. Now I can fit a 8' + rod in my car and still have extra room. That is, if I don't have anymore people in my car than me and a friend.

I knew about the window idea, but never bothered to use it because of the loud noise on the highway.

I can fit a 7' rod in my Z4 even with the top up.  Handle goes in the passenger foot well, up between the seats, and the tip just touches the rear window in the corner.  Shouldn't be a problem in any car with a back seat.