Sign in to follow this  
crappiekid24

Plastics Rod

Was wondering what action and power would be good for fishing plastics?. I would use it for T rigs and jigs mostly but could possibly use it for carolina rigs but that would be rarely unless I get into fishing them. I fish weeds most of the time but fish rocks and brush sometimes.

a 6'6" to 7' mh or heavy would be a good choice depending on cover. I prefer a 7' mh or heavy action

Mh or heavy is the POWER of the rod and I agree with your recomendations but would have him lead towards the heavy power seeing he is fishing weeds and brushpiles. As far as action goes fast or extra fast is what you are gonna need. So any combo of MH/H power and an action of fast/Xfast should be good for what you need but like I said with the cover you are talking about I would lean towards a heavy power in either fast or exta fast

i tend to lean more toward the x-fast actions rather than the fast with plastics...it does make a difference.

mh or h, depending on cover.

First off I would like to say thanks! I dont fish brush piles all that often and when I do I think I will use the combo I have now. Its a heavier rod with braid. So I would fish basically only weeds and maybe rocks with this set up. I would also like to possibly throw senkos with this combo.