Sign in to follow this  
Big O Tires Angler

I fished the Chronarch D today...

So I finally got a chance to fish with the Chronarch D today for a couple hours...it is everything that I would hope for in a reel. It can cast 1/4 oz lures further and much easier than a Revo STX, and quite a distance further than the Curado E. The reel is exceptionally smooth, very powerful gearing, and very comfortable to fish with.

I had the Chronarch D spooled up with 12# Trilene 100% Fluorocarbon, and a Revo SX spooled up with 10# P-Line Floroclear both mounted on a 6'8" Shimano Cumara MHXF rod. I can easily cast 15 yards further with the Chronarch D, EASILY. Depending on the weight of the lure...even farther.

I have about 80 yards of line spooled up and casted a 3/8 oz jig head without a trailer and was able to spool out the whole reel...no joke.

If you have the funds I highly recommend you grab this reel. If I had the money I would get all Chronarch D.

So I finally got a chance to fish with the Chronarch D today for a couple hours...it is everything that I would hope for in a reel. It can cast 1/4 oz lures further and much easier than a Revo STX, and quite a distance further than the Curado E. The reel is exceptionally smooth, very powerful gearing, and very comfortable to fish with.

I had the Chronarch D spooled up with 12# Trilene 100% Fluorocarbon, and a Revo SX spooled up with 10# P-Line Floroclear both mounted on a 6'8" Shimano Cumara MHXF rod. I can easily cast 15 yards further with the Chronarch D, EASILY. Depending on the weight of the lure...even farther.

I have about 80 yards of line spooled up and casted a 3/8 oz jig head without a trailer and was able to spool out the whole reel...no joke.

If you have the funds I highly recommend you grab this reel. If I had the money I would get all Chronarch D.

80 yards is a long cast.

Fishermen lie! It's what we do! Ok ok, so I didn't completely spool it, but I must admit that it casted much further than my SX today by an average of 10 yards. :( :-X

wait-so will the Curado outcast the SX by 10 yards (per this post) or 15 yards (per your original post)?   :-?

The CHRONARCH will outcast the SX about 15 yards when it comes to lightweight baits about 1/4 oz and under. At about 5/16-3/8 oz the SX will close the gap to about 8 yards, and once it hits 1/2 oz they're about the same.