Sign in to follow this  
Micro

Anyone tried the Okuma C3 rods?

http://www.okumafishingteam.com/RODS/conventional/C3.html

I got to see these for the first time in person today.  My first impression is they seemed heavy.  Rarely do I pick up a rod and immediately think, "wow, that's kinda heavy."  But that's what I thought.  Other than that, these are some sweet looking rods.  The blanks seem very thin.  Reminds me of an antenna with guides.  But the rods were fantastic looking.  The grips are some kind of graphite with a rough finish.  Very durable looking.  The blanks were pea-green.  Nice winding checks where they should be.   And a nice, high-end looking buttcap.

Curious is anyone has tried them and can say how they fish?

i really had high hopes for the okuma C3 rods but i drove down to fisherman's warehouse the previous week to check them out and my very first impression upon holding it was that they were too heavy. way too heavy, especially after picking up one of the new G2 dobyns. too bad though because the grips feel great and the rods just look gorgeous. the weight really put me off though.

You're not the first person to have that reaction. At the ISE show, I and everyone else that picked one up that I heard said the same thing...

Haven't been able to fish mine yet.Feels awesome though,i know i'm going to be pretty happy with mine.I love the way the grips feel.

Can't comment on the heaviness,to be quite honest..it a bit lighter than my clarus and extremes casting rods.But just a tad heavier than my E21 edge spinning rod.So this is an upgrade for me.

You guys must be comparing it to some super light rods. :(