Sign in to follow this  
burleytog

KNEEL!

And worship the most high CALZILLA!!!

calzilla1.jpg

calzilla2.jpg

calzilla3.jpg

I cannot take any credit.  Jimzee did quite the number on this petite monster.  He's the Emperor to my Darth Vader.  

Jimzee, be careful around burley and catwalks or bridges...

I'll take one, in 400 flavor ;D

A handle. That's it?

I would have snapped photos of the bearings, but who would know the difference?

I still don't know what he did to it other than the bearings and handle.  All I know is that it is a different reel than the one I left with him last fall.

You should get it anodized a different color or two....that would get some folks attention.  Gold is boring....kind of like wood paneling on '70s homes.  Just keeping it real....

I'll take one, in 400 flavor ;D

Send it to me. I already have a Carbontex drag upgrade for that reel. I can have the handle and bearings here in about three days.

I wanted to do some anodizing on that reel but it was just not cost effective. Besides, the guy I wanted to do the anodizing is not able to do it right now. The main things the reel has other than a beefed up drag system is Sic bearing supported spool and the obvious ZPI" handle upgrade. Whomever had that reel before must have taken great care of it other than the minor boat rash. The inside was clean and very well maintained.

BTW, those bearings may take you a little while to get used to until they "run in" properly. They will be louder than normal at first and I'm not responsible for major backlashes incurred. :( ;D

I was thinking of filling the spool and taking Calzilla out for a spin tomorrow afternoon after our club meeting, but I would guess that the snow will hinder those plans.

ah jimzee, there is no way im giving a benjamin for a graphite... errr, "Carbon fiber" handle ;D

but did you ADD any bearings?

on my 400b i put an abec5 in to replace the bushing.

ah jimzee, there is no way im giving a benjamin for a graphite... errr, "Carbon fiber" handle ;D

but did you ADD any bearings?

on my 400b i put an abec5 in to replace the bushing.

No, I guess I could have added one in place of the worm bushing.  It seems like it makes the line lay better on the spool.

Wow, just wow... :(

It was a nice reel before, but now?  

I'm going to be spending a great deal of $$ on bearings later this year. :-[

I was thinking of filling the spool and taking Calzilla out for a spin tomorrow afternoon after our club meeting, but I would guess that the snow will hinder those plans.

what's snow?

keep in mind, i'm setting you up here.

Quite possibly the smoothest reel I've ever used (based on the 20 or so 20* shivering casts I made in the parking lot earlier tonight). Perhaps Jimzee's JDM Steez excepted.