Sign in to follow this  
JayB

Toray & Sunline???

Hey gang,

I am thinking of upgrading to some of the premium level of Flourocarbon. Just curious to those of you that use or have tried either the Toray or Sunline brands, what have you used? Do you think there worth almost twice what other Flourocarbons cost?

Thanks

I don't think you can beat Sunline.  Great line.

The Sunline Super FC Sniper is the best I have found for a spinning reel. By far. Very, very abrasion resistant line, super strong, really low memory and probably the smalest dia per # test than ANY of the other carbon lines.

The Sunline Super FC Sniper 8# is actually smaller in diameter than 6# Berkley 100% Fluorocarbon.  

Sunline 8# = (.009 inches/.24mm)

Berkley 6# = (.010 inches/.25mm)

2 more lbs of strength in a smaller diameter line.

I do use the Berkley 100%, dont get me wrong but only on casting reels and only 10# and up. All my spinning reels have the Sunline Super FC Sniper 6# and 8#. It's expensive but I think it's worth it.

I have a couple sample spools of Toray on the way. Planning to use some of that this coming weekend.

Toray spools most lines that come out of Japan, including Sunline.  Both are excellent brands.  I think Toray and Seaguar are the only manufacturers of fluoro in Japan.  Sunline FC Sniper is very limp line...one of the first main line fluoros to act like mono.  I think the Trilene 100% is better all around line...albeit it isn't quite as limp as Sniper, it is limp and has a lot better abrasion resistance.  

I've been using Toray Super Hard on a couple of baitcasters for a little less than a year now. I've tried 16lb and 20lb. Good abrasion resistance, low stretch, very sensitive, low memory, long lasting. The 20lb lasted me 8 months until I decided to drop down to 16lb for Fall/Winter.

On my spinning reel I've used 10lb Sunline FC Sniper. I've only used it on a few occasions. It's the one premiere fluorocarbon I see frequently recommended for spinning reels.

The above are my choices for jigs & worms where feel is paramount.

I haven't tried it yet, but Trilene 100% would be my choice if I wanted to use fluorocarbon for crankbaits, ripbaits, or other moving reaction baits.