Sign in to follow this  
dmac14

Rod action/power effect on sensitivity.

Does the rods power or action have effect on the sensitivity?

ie. If I were to have two identical types of rods but one was heavy while the other was a medium would either one be more sensitive.

Also if one rod had extra fast action compared moderate would this make a difference?

I know that action is where it bends on the rod and i would think the faster the action the more sensitive but not really sure.

Thanks

-Dylan

It depends on your definition of sensitivity, and how the rods are bulit. I would say that the stiffer rod would be more sensitive in most cases however.  If you are going by feel, the stiffer rod should be a little more sensitive.  If you are going by watching the tip, then the one that bends most easily will be more sensitive.  So, long story longer, it is in the determined use of the rod and how it will be used that really determines which is more "sensitive".  

Does the rods power or action have effect on the sensitivity?

-Dylan

No

My CR721, CR722,CR723, MBR782, MBR783, MBR785 ( IMX ) are sensitivity wise equal with the same line type, however the power rating and the length do make them behave differently.

But the same rods in GL2 are completely different. Same model, same power rating same acton but different material.