Sign in to follow this  
njbasser

Revo Premier VLOG

If you check out the latest VLOG on ***, the guy is using a Revo Premier. When I saw he was using a Premier, I thought of the recent post about the noise it makes when it casts. I don't own one so I have never heard the noise, but at 1:56, on his second cast, the reel makes a noise that seems like the sound described. Check it out.

http://www.***.com/vlogpage.html?ccode=VLOG049

If that's the noise people are freaked out about, it's the noise the Revos with HCPR bearings make. All my Revos with HCPR bearings whined during the cast. My Winch and Premier made that noise, and my STXs with those bearings make that noise.

If that's the noise people are freaked out about, it's the noise the Revos with HCPR bearings make. All my Revos with HCPR bearings whined during the cast. My Winch and Premier made that noise, and my STXs with those bearings make that noise.

Now imagine casting to multiple targets in quick progression on a 10 hour fishing trip....hearing weeeeee on every cast! Even the guy at the back of the boat said is that a "new" reel.

I'm one of those "people" I tried multiple Premiers when they first came out them thinking they were defective. Even sold one for cheap in the Flea Market. Call me stupid but I didn't like the sound.

Reminded me of a Team Daiwa X that made the exact same sound and it turned out to be a bad bearing.

On a positive note the reel was light, could cast to Pluto, and was buttery smooth.