Sign in to follow this  
PlasticsJunkie

Is this a good deal?

I found a Shimano Curado CU-201B5 in left hand model, which is how I prefer baitcasting reels.  The guy said it has seen very little use, just a few scratches and stuff on it.  He's asking $70 for it.  Is this a good deal?

That is probably an okay price. They are had for about $80-95 NIB elsewhere. I have an old greenie myself but I would prefer to spend the extra $ to get a citica E. Now for $50, maybe. I wouldn't bite for $70.

would have to hold it in my hand to really tell you...$70 seems about average for that reel in above average condition.

that said, unless you're really crazy about the reel, i would add a few bucks and get the citica e, as well.

From what I've noticed looking around, that seems like a fair deal.  I don't know that I would call it a great deal.  Then again, the actual condition of the reel matters most.  Are you partial to that particular reel?  I've seen some places where you can get a citica D for around the same price, new.  Or, as mentioned, spend the extra money on a Citica E.  I am personally a fan of the D series.

This is a fair deal. I sold one on the auction site for 85 a couple weeks ago.

I got him to go down to $60 and I took the deal.  Reel is in good shape, and looks like it hasn't been used much.

I've played around with the citica's at BPS a couple times, but for some reason that just don't seem to feel as good as the curados.

Thanks for the help guys!

Congrats on owning a Classic :)