Sign in to follow this  
eyedabassman

XPS Fluorcarbon,Yellow?

I bought some XPS Fluo. from BPS and I was going to spool up my reel and it looks like the XPS line looks alittle yellow tint to it! Is this the norm for this line? I looked at my Trilene 100% Fluo. and it is real clear. Should I not worry about it? :-/

I am not familair with this particular line but Trilene Vanish Gold has a bit of a tint to it. In sunlight it turns gold for visibility. I am sure it is not a problem. You could cut off a piece, weight it and drop it into the water to see how visible it is. That should tell you if it has the property of visibility that you are looking for. I know KVD swears by it.

I just checked Trilene 100% also make a Low Vis Green line. I really doubt you will lose much with the yellow.

I just bought my first BPS XPS flouro 2 weeks ago (20lb) and thought the same thing when I opened it up. I went ahead and spooled it up and used it the next day.

After one day, it is absolutely, without a doubt, my new favorite line, by far. The stuff just doesn't mess around.

I just bought my first BPS XPS flouro 2 weeks ago (20lb) and thought the same thing when I opened it up. I went ahead and spooled it up and used it the next day.

After one day, it is absolutely, without a doubt, my new favorite line, by far. The stuff just doesn't mess around.

Thanks for the heads up. I feel better now, it just looks like a funky yellow tint.Oh well!

Whats every ones thoughts on this line?  Been considering trying some fluorocarbon out.  Plus with the BPS sale right now, buy 2 reels get 1 reel free, it makes it very tempting.  That is for the 200yard spools.  Makes it about $11 a spool instead of $16.

Later, :(

It does have a tint...not totally clear. Probably so you can see it to tie your knots!!! ;D

Use KVD Line and Lure conditioner!! Can't say this enough...and follow the directions on the bottle like I didn't. makes flouro alot easier to deal with.!!!

ajr :(

Whats every ones thoughts on this line? Been considering trying some fluorocarbon out. Plus with the BPS sale right now, buy 2 reels get 1 reel free, it makes it very tempting. That is for the 200yard spools. Makes it about $11 a spool instead of $16.

Later, :(

I've tried quite a few fluorocarbon line and i always seem to prefer BPS XPS over everything i've tried.I had the least amount of problems with this line.

I plan to go back to this line.

IMHO, there is NO better, stronger fluoro than the BPS XPS line hands down! I use the 20lb for flippin' and pitchin THICK FL cover and i catch fish after fish without having to even re-tie! The big spool is a great idea because at almost $20 for a small spool, it can get expensive!

It's the only fluorocarbon line I use after trying several brands. I hadn't noticed any tint until it was mentioned here. I don't think it is an added tint, just the characteristic of that particular fluorocarbon make-up.

I agree the XPS fluorocarbon is by far my favorite line other Sunline. I have not noticed a yellow tint.