Sign in to follow this  
LVLDVL

Team Daiwa Light & Tough OK for all-purpose shorefishing?

Specifically looking at the 6'3" medium finesse spinning.  I'm not allowed to post HTML links yet.

I mostly do weightless worm, poppers, and spinnerbaits (less than 3/8 oz). None of the stores near me carry these Daiwa rods for some odd reason so I can't examine and compare it to Shimano/St. Croix.

Opinions are greatly appreciated. My price range is no more than $150-ish. Thanks! By the way, I currently own 7'0" Shimano Compre. Does the job but too long for my height (I'm only 5'2") and hard to maneuver along shoreline trails and shrubbery.

That is a nice rod, but if your just shore fishing man look at some of St. Croix's lower end model the premier and mojo, they are just as light and good.

I have the Light and tough frog rod and love it so far. For a  rod a little over 7ft it's VERY light and very sensitive. What I love about mine is it telescopes so it can fit in the back of my truck when I go fishing ponds.

I don't know anything about that rod or where you fish or what kind of cover you're dealing with...but I've used a medium power, fast action spinning rod (6'6") which handles most lures and techniques very nicely. It's also a good all-purpose rod from boats as well.