Sign in to follow this  
fishfanatic

Favorite braid?

going to try fishing a frog in heavy lilly pads when they come in    already posted about what frog and got great responses    almost everyone suggested 50-65 lb braid also     what kind of braid do you like?   thanks for the help  

Just going to put in more good words for POWER PRO, the best braid there is!

powerpro is outdated.sufix is better and berkley's new fireline braid blows suffix away.the fireline braid is a truely round 8 strand brand.it is exfremely smooth and doesn't dig at all.it's time for power pro to come out of the stone age and redesign their line.

I keep hearing great things about the new Daiwa Samurai Braid as well.  I hear it is quite a bit better then the new Fire Line Braid.

I am going to try out one of these 2 that is for sure.  Been using Power Pro exclusively for the past couple years.

Later, :(

i have a buddy who loves the diawa braid.i think it's to soft personally and cuts easier on rocks than the fireline and sufix braids.it is smoother than any of them with the fireline braid being a close second.

Went with the Fire Line Braid.  BPS doesn't carry the Daiwa Samurai and plus I had some BPS bucks to use.

Spooled it up and took it out to practice a few casts.  Did notice it was quite a bit quieter then Power Pro and felt a little bit better then Power Pro.  Will find out this weekend if I can get to the pond.

Later, :(

Power Pro all the way baby!  but i took a good look at the new Fireline Braid (Berkley finally made it an actual braid!!!) took it out of the box and was impressed.  I'm going to give it a try this year.