Sign in to follow this  
triwbass

thx to this board ,,,bought another revo and first bps extreme reel

took my promax back to wally world and bought another evo s (three revos for me now) also ordered a 5.4.1 bps extreme for crankbit reel hope they are good ones likeeverybody here says,,,, also does anybody have the free tacklebag allstar offers ,,,just wondfered how user friendly it is.......

I got one when I bought a Pflueger a couple of years ago. I think it is the same one. If so it is ok for the price nothing to write home about. Mine has held up decent for a couple of years now. I probably have too much weight in it for its own good. It is very limited on pocket size for extras. You can barely get the basics in it

i wonder why i get anyuthing but a revo s it casts as good as any 24lb drag i cant find any other with half that ,,,,i got the extreme for the 5.4.1 if i like i t  im gonna get a 7.1.1 for flipping ,,,in all seriousness though how does he revo line have such a high drag power its insane

i wonder why i get anyuthing but a revo s it casts as good as any 24lb drag i cant find any other with half that ,,,,i got the extreme for the 5.4.1 if i like i t im gonna get a 7.1.1 for flipping ,,,in all seriousness though how does he revo line have such a high drag power its insane

There is no "standard" method for how a maximum drag rating is established, so it quite possible that a Garcia rated at 24 lbs, and a Brand X rated at 18 lbs would actually have the exact same maximum drag if they were tested in exactly the same way.   It's kind of like the contrast ratio on high def. tvs...  it's good for comparing within a brand, but not apples to apples from one brand to the next.

funny you should use the tv example as thats what i do is qc hi def tv's for market use at lg electronics !! love revos s and sx though and have used everyones advice here and picked a bps extreme for 59 instead of the revo winch for160-200 ...if this extreme is what i think im gonna buy the 7.1.1 for flipping and such  .love this site ...love taking advice from folks who have been and done

funny you should use the tv example as thats what i do is qc hi def tv's for market use at lg electronics !! love revos s and sx though and have used everyones advice here and picked a bps extreme for 59 instead of the revo winch for160-200 ...if this extreme is what i think im gonna buy the 7.1.1 for flipping and such .love this site ...love taking advice from folks who have been and done

Well, I just happened to pick something good to use as a comparison then.  ;D  But unlike the contrast ratio, you may never even test out the max drag.  Unless you're using heavy braid in thick cover you should never be maxing out the drag for bass fishing.  A smooth drag with consistant start-up is much more important most of the time.

Try the Extreme for a while, and if you really like it, you can always pick up another.  I think it's a good reel for the money, but of course you can always spend more & get better.  :D