Sign in to follow this  
LAO162

Johnny Morris Signature Rods

JM Signature rods appear to have great components and generally have very good reviews.  With a coupon I can currently get the 6ft MF casting rod for $99.  Does it compare favorable to Powell, AllStar Platinum, Shimano Crucial, Falcon Lowrider, G Blanks... which are generally in the <$130 range?

I'm looking to match it with a Chronarch MG 50 for lures in the 1/4 to 5/8 oz range.  I'm looking for short, light & sensitive.

I've already done some searchs, but I ask questions for a living :D  Thanks!

I only can compare to a Crucial but I will add that at $99.00 you can not get a better rod. I have a 6'6" MH which is one fine rod. I used it for T-Rigs before I picked up a Zillion. Rod is not extremely light but you can add the weight system to balance out. It is extremely sensitive though.

I own two of them and wouldn't hesitate to buy another, especially at that price. My 6'6" MH/F JMSS spinning rod has replaced my Crucial as my "go to" rod.

I have a couple of rods from the JM series, but not the exact one you're asking about.  I love them.  Very sensitive, and great backbone when fighting a fish.  They are very fast action though, and if you're casting a 1/4 oz lure it won't be quite as effortless as it would on say... a similar Powell.  I would still recomend the JM though.  I personally think it blows away the Lowrider, and is more sensitive than the Crucial.

Pretty decent rod for the money... just be careful of 4lbers and bionic ninja hooksets....

snap.jpg

Thanks for the insights.  Sounds like a great rod.  I'll have to weigh the warranty into the equation.  :D