Sign in to follow this  
BlakeMolone

Would this be a good 10 inch worm and jig combo?

Im thinkin of getting a diwa megaforce reel its 7.1:1 and its only 60$ and a bass pro extreme 7"6 heavy action rod. I looks like it would be a cool cheap set up but for the price would there be a better setup for jigs and big plastics?

I would look into a different reel if i were you. There seems to be many problems with the megaforce. Right now you can get the bass pro extreme reel  for that cost and it is a much better reel.

Get a new Revo S off of Ebay. Can be found for $60-$70 and it's worth every bit of $110 .

That Daiwa(like all of them) only has 8.8lbs of drag. Combine that with a 7:1 ratio and you be lucky to pull a dink out of a bathtub. IMO not nearly enough power for a hawg stick...

I agree with Brokeju, the Revo S will pull cars. I personaly like shimano reels and I still have revos on my flippin rods.

I agree with the rest...Look at a different reel...I'm not a revo fan but the S seems to be a solid reel...I just recently got a Pflueger Supreme off ebay for $65

The rod is a good rod for your application....if you haven't felt it yet, get your hands on it first...may be a tad bit heavy but it might not effect you...I personally have two extremes and like both of them.

Daiwas dont have tons of drag.. but lock down a drag on a daiwa reel and it handles flipping NASTY matts just fine.. I pitch with a Zillion or TD-Z all the time and never do I wish I had more drag.. throw on some 65# braid lock the drag down and go rip um out of the thickest stuff you can find. I would stay a way from any graphite farmed reel for what you want it for... you can get you a TD-PRO for under 100.00 and have a very nice reel in fact bass pro has a combo on the TD-PRO rod and reel for 149.00 I believe and I can assure you that will be a VERY nice setup. I can fish whatever I want... I fish Daiwa for a reason...