Sign in to follow this  
BlakeMolone

Abu garcia cardinal spinning reel??

Probably a 100 series, OK for a first reel, small backup. If you have the extra dollars, look at the Cardinal 501-503 albi series. Much better reel, strong internals, very smooth. :)

Probably a 100 series, OK for a first reel, small backup. If you have the extra dollars, look at the Cardinal 501-503 albi series. Much better reel, strong internals, very smooth. :)

I 2nd that! I own two and they are great!

No question you get what you pay for in the Abu line up.

I still have in service for that last few years that still work perfectly,

cardinal 101

cardinal 172, light saltwater

cardinal 177, heavier saltwater

If the 102 or 104 is in your budget, they work just fine, for near the same price look at pflueger trion, even smoother.

ill go with what mitch said.. the 100 series could be ok but if u want a good reel with some longevity then you need to save up a few dollars and but a 500 series reel.. well worth the money in my opinion

Hey, the 102/103/104 series are nice little reels. Good for what you pay for them, and with some care, can last a while. The 500-700 series is something you'll keep for a very long time. I understand $ shortage, can't get what I want right now, so........... :-[

Check out E Bay. I got a Cardinal 802 lightly used with paperwork extra spool and reel bag in the box for $60.00. Something to think about. 8-)

I had the Ultralight Cardinal 100. It was a nice reel for a while but then the drag become rough and so did the retrieve. I replaced it with a Symetre 750 FI.

I don't what slightly used cardinal 82 means but I've been using mine hard for saltwater ( know in freshwater use) and performs like new  $60, nice buy.

A tip.........I replaced the 802 handle with a larger 804, fits perfect.  The reel operates so much nicer now  Cost $10.00