Sign in to follow this  
h2oDeficient

Daiwa Alphas...which spool upgrade?

I was thinking about upgrading the spool on my Daiwa Alphas Type F.  I don't know which spool I should get or should I even do?  I was thinking about getting the Alphas ito spool but was wondering if there is a big difference in the I'ze spool?  How about the Type R?  Opinions on which one or what I should do would be great!  Thanks!

There 's no difference between the I 'ze spool and the one you have in your reel other than the color ( gold or red ). The R edition Alphas comes with the gold spool. There 's no performance upgrade with it, the reel will cast and behave the same.

The only real upgrade for that reel would be a Type R+ spool from the Alphas Itö .......... if you can find one.

Raul is right about those spools even the ITO spool isnt going to give you much. if you want a spool that will really give you something contact Office ZPI and pick up one of there shallow MG spools. if you dont have ceramic bearings on your spool that will give you pretty big free spool gains and be A LOT cheaper then a new spool.