Sign in to follow this  
jacker

STEEZ PROBLEMS !!!! anyone?

I went out on a limb and bought the steez last year and was very very happy with it up until now.

Its been about 8 months since i bought it and have probably only used it on about 30 outings.  I have oiled the spool bearings about 6-7 times between outings with daiwa's oil, and keep it very clean and out of the dirt.

Yesterday i made a cast and to my utmost disapointment, i heard a winding sort of grinding noise.  now, there is noise in what sounds like the main drive gears and in the spool bearings, allmost sounds like there is a tiny little piece of dirt inside the beardings, but they really can be.  

Has anyone else had problems with their steez?  Its kinda frustrating on spending 450 bucks on a reel.  also, im scared to send it into daiwa to get fixed becuase last time i was out of my zillion for 2 months and they didnt even fix the problem!! >:)

and yes i have cleaned and oiled the bearings, does anyone know of a site that sells replacement upgraded bearings for daiwa reels?? thanks dudes!

30 outings is overdue for a breakdown and cleaning. I keep my reels spotless, and ANYTHING can get in the bearings or gears....regardless of the brand or price. Do you own a Camera?  Why don't you take a pic for us....

and yes i have cleaned and oiled the bearings, does anyone know of a site that sells replacement upgraded bearings for daiwa reels?? thanks dudes!
For stock bearings contact Daiwa directly.

Daiwa Corporation

12851 Midway Place

Cerritos, CA, 90703

admail@daiwa.com

Telephone: (562) 802-9589

Office Hours:

Monday to Friday 7:00am to 4:00pm PST

You don't say what Steez you have so I won't bother with bearing part numbers, but when you talk with them they will want the numbers from your schematic...

Your other choice will be bearing upgrades there are a few sites that carry them, I am one of them...

Good luck & Tight Lines!!!