Sign in to follow this  
carrothead

Line for reels

I have two rods/reels for bass: One Shakespeare spinning reel on a 6' medium action matching rod, and an Abu Garcia Ambassadeur (old) 3.8:1 gear ratio on a 6' medium action Quantum rod. I am planning on getting either a Pfleuger Echelon or Abu Garcia Black Max with a 6.3:1 gear ratio on a 6'6" medium-heavy rod. What line should I spool on each?

I am thinking of 14 lb Vanish Fluoro on the Black Max/Echelon, 12 lb mono on the Shakespeare spinning, and 50 lb braid on the Ambassadeur. Correct me if I should change these around, but I would like to stick with these line types (not necessarily test), but feel free to mix and match them with different reels.

Thanks!

i would use 8lb IZORLINE XXX on the spinning reel. The Ambassaduer sounds like a cranking reel with the medium action rod so i would use 12lb IZORLINE XXX on that and 15 lb IZORLINE XXX on the Black Max

here is the link : www.IZORLINEEAST.com

Hmm...

Spinning tackle: Yo-Zuri Hybrid Ultra Soft #6 (.010" diameter, 11.9 lb test)

Baitcasting gear: Ultra Soft or original formula Hybrid #12 (.013", 19.5 lb test)

::)

.....you all knew it was coming anyway

Please stick with my listed choices.  50 lb braid, 12 lb mono, and 14 lb Vanish Flouro.  What of these do you recommend for my reels? :)

It depends on what you intend to use each combo for. Right now I don't recommend any of the ones you listed.

And you only listed one brand for your lines, so please be more specific and I'll try and give you a better answer

14 lb Berkley Vanish fluorocarbon, 12 lb Stren Original, and 50 lb Spiderwire EZ Braid