Sign in to follow this  
Branuss04

Shimano Voltaeus Rods

http://www.tackledirect.com/shimano-voltaeus-freshwater-spinning-rods.html

I don't know how many of you have seen these.  But I ordered a 2piece 6'6" M for some backpacking trips I have planned and will use it as my trout rod.  I got it yesterday and was able handle it a bit.  While I won't be able to fish it until tomorrow, it feels great.  They are very light, full cork grip, good tip action, solid build, great price, and what really sold me is the lifetime warranty they offer just like their higher end models.  I plan on buying another 5'6" 2 piece UL for streams in the very near future.  I'm very rough on my trout rods because I normally go for trout in the rugged mountains.  Either backpacking in, or 4X4ing.  Needless to say I usually get 1 good season out of my trout rods before they break.  Since most of them are cheaper rods, they don't carry a warranty and I'm back to the tackle shop to buy a new one every spring.

So have any of you used on of these rods?  Any comments on it.

Seems like this line is in direct competition with the Ugly Stick.  They are a bit cheaper and carry a lifetime warranty instead of a 7 year on the ugly stick

TackleTour's Review -

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewshimanovoltaeus.html

My brother-in-law just got one and we messed around with it on sat.  Yeah you are right it is basically a nicer uglystick.  For the money it is a very nice rod.  My problem with it is it still is quit heavy, not as heavy as a ugly stick but you can tell it has more than just graphite in the blank.

Im gettin one............. 50 tho for a state record and100 tho if u brake the world record PLUS when u log the rod in u can be drawn each month for monthly prizes and u spin the wheel urself  ;D

Im gettin one............. 50 tho for a state record and100 tho if u brake the world record PLUS when u log the rod in u can be drawn each month for monthly prizes and u spin the wheel urself ;D

Thinking about getting myself one for the same reason  ;):)

I sure hope they are available in my area. I see as Shimano's answer to the ugly stick. The V's warranty alone would make my pick it over the ugly.

I sure hope they are available in my area. I see as Shimano's answer to the ugly stick. The V's warranty alone would make my pick it over the ugly.

I have never seen them in the stores.  I ordered mine from tackledirect.com.  It ended up being $50 shipped.  The warranty is what finally sold me over any of the other rods in this price range.  There is no point in buying any of shimano's lower quallity rods without the warranty anymore.  

I agree with you 100% The warranty is what would tip me toward buying one. Hope you post a report after using it for some time. 8-)

I agree with you 100% The warranty is what would tip me toward buying one. Hope you post a report after using it for some time. 8-)

After signing up for the sweep stake/tourney thing, I fully plan bringing it with me fishing tomorrow and will make a post on my experience.  It should be good considering I will be fishing in a lake that HAS state record breaking fish in it  :-X