Sign in to follow this  
alabamabassmaster

Won a new rod, need reel suggestion!

Well, I finally got lucky and won a rod at our last tourney. It's a Quantum Tour KVD 7'10" MH Cranking Rod "TKVD7106M".

I have three Lews BB-1NG I use on the BPS Crankin' Sticks and I love those but what reel would you guys suggest on this big rod?

I've considered the new Abu Garcia Revo WINCH and another Lews BB-1NG.

Suggestions?

winch is a wonderful reel but if you read other posts here about it ,,,the winch does not throw small lures well ,,,id get the revo s or sx they are 30 to 70 bucks cheaper or more and just as strong ,,,,if you are only gonna chunk 3/8 oz plus lures then buy the winch

good to see another bama boy !

I have heard wonderful things about the quantum energy 5.1:1 for cranking. Its light and powerful and price i'snt bad.

Since this is such a big rod made for very long casting and deep cranking I was thinking of another Lews BB-1NG simply because of it's cranking ability and smooth casting.

To anyone who has a Revo Winch, how does it work for really long casting and deep cranking? With this rod, I want a reel that can throw DD22's, Bomber #7's and Mann's 20+ crankbaits.

I would like to keep it under $150  ;)

You're gonna lose a little distance because of the spool capacities extra weight, but this also will depend on what type/test line your using. The distance lost is not that serious imo, and with that rod and those cranks, you probably won't even notice. Love my Winch. 8-)