Sign in to follow this  
BMoore

G loomis question.

OK guys I bought a mossyback bcfr893 a couple of weeks back for 50% off. I just grabbed it because of the deal and now I need to know what I should use it for. Is it close to the dobyns 733 just a little longer or is it a completely rod for a completely different purpose? I'm thinking of using it for t-rigs but I've never used a rod this long for that.

Thats a med-heavy flipping stick, I would use it for t-rigs and 1/4-3/8oz jigs. Great deal at 50% off from a $300 rod!!! Nice buy!

Thats what I was thinking. It seems everybody is moving to longer rods anyway. We actually had our Sportsmans warehouse close a couple of weeks ago and when I went in they had 2 of these left. One was a 894 and one was an 893. I should have grabbed the 894 as well and used it to flip the heavy stuff.

WOW!! They lasted long enough to get down to 50% off?!?! Man, the one near me was pretty much fully picked through at 20%. Not much good stuff after that.

Yeah, I would have grabbed both, and at the very least thrown it up on Ebay and made a few $$$ on it.

Yeah they had these two and a good bit of falcon cara's as well. I've been kicking myself ever since about the 894. The one I bought actually rung up for like 135 bucks. By the time it got to 50-60% off I was getting norman and rapala cranks and rage tail stuff like it was going away for good. My house now looks like a fishing store because of that sale.

I have the GLX version of that rod and I use it ALOT.  It may be rated as a medium heavy rod, but it's plenty heavy enough to pitch 1/2 oz jigs into cover.  I find that I use it more often than the BCFR 894 - I break it out when the cover gets really nasty!