Sign in to follow this  
bigmountaineer

With everyone's help I'm down to two, if you have one or both please comment...

Carrot Stick 69 LTX vs Kistler 69 Magnesium LTA

I would get an Avid but can't find a 66MHF in stock anywhere and in my price range of $ 150.

Also is the Kistler lighter than the 7 ft Mojo? Thanks

Have you tryed ebay? With patience and persistancy you can buy Avids under $150 TYD.

Have you tryed ebay? With patience and persistancy you can buy Avids under $150 TYD.

Yeah I've been without a rod for about a week now so I gave up on ebay for a rod. I ended up getting the Kistler Magnesium 6'9" MH. I did however find the new Quantum Energy Baitcaster for $ 118 !!! That was a heck of a deal.

I just hope I don't break the kistler, there exchance/warranty/prorated plan looks shady.

I now have two mojos and a kistler.

Next time I upgrade I'm look at Powell,Custom, and possibly the Legend Tournment by Croix.

Take care thanks again,

The Kistler Magnesium is a different line of rods than the LTA. The LTAs are more expensive but use higher quality components. An LTA would be lighter than a Magnesium but the Magnesiums are a great rod for a great price.

I think you will be happy with the Kistler. I have heard very good things about their customer service. Apparently they are willing to replace rods a lot more than their warranty would suggest. If worse comes to worse, I think you can get your rod replaced for like $50. That is similar to St Croix's warranty. That is just from what I have heard, I have never dealt with their customer service before because my Magnesium flipping stick is pretty new and I haven't had any problems with it yet.

I was handling that Magnesium you ordered in a Gander Mountain today. I don't know for sure but I would be willing to bet that it is lighter than the Mojo. Probably much more sensitive also.