Sign in to follow this  
Long Mike

Re: Best fluorocarbon for fishing cover???

You start a poll on Flouro, but give the respondents only three choices?  How are you going to find out which is the Best line (assuming there is such a thing) with such a limited number of choices?  As far as I'm concerned, your poll is useless for gaining any meaningful data.

Which fluorocarbon are you guys using for fishing grass, bullrush, pads etc?

Trilene 100% for me. You might check out Tackle Tour's 'Fluorocarbon Shootout' for usefull info on several fluorocarbon lines.

I have read it several times. That is what made me choose BPS XPS a while back. I am looking to try something new though.

I've used alot of FC lines and BPS gets my "best value" vote.  I've been very impressed with the Trilene 100% and have been using the 17lb for some time now and really like it.  I think the Sunline Shooter is the best I've used so far - but it's definitely not cheap.

For Trilene 100%, do you prefer Clear or Green?

I use clear.

Anyone every try P line floro?

Fish it once, and you won't buy another spool of T 100%

Thats what I did, and I used to be die hard trilene/berkley man.

I tried P Line and i hated it! It was very weak and not abrasion resistant at all. I have never tried the 100% Trilene on bait casting gear but i here its pretty good. It's abrasion resistance was pretty poor in TackleTours tests though!

I spooled 100% last week for the first time, and I am very happy so far.  I have 8lb on a Sol/LEC68MXF combo, and am using it for finesse jigs.  

I haven't had one problem with this line.  I even plan on using it this weekend for tying my walleye rigs.

I tried P Line and i hated it! It was very weak and not abrasion resistant at all. I have never tried the 100% Trilene on bait casting gear but i here its pretty good. It's abrasion resistance was pretty poor in TackleTours tests though!

The Trilene performed 34% better than the average of all the lines in the fluorocarbon shootout.  This significantly dropped when the line was soaked, but none of the lines in the fluoro shootout were abrasion tested wet....only dry.  This is pretty standard with all lines....soak them for several hours and abrasion and strength drop.    

Was the XPS the best in strength out of all the lines? What size Trilene would you recommend for cattails, bullrush, grass etc?