Sign in to follow this  
FordNFishinLover

Shimano bullwhip?(Help!)

Any info on this rod would be thanked!!

Friend was at a flee market and got this and another old (non-marked) rod? 2 dollars each, i said what they heck and had him pick them up for me. Im real curouis what the other rod is because from the small picture he sent me it looked alot like a loomis. Theres no way it is, but i figured 2 dollars i mise well see what it is.

If it happens to be a loomis im gunna be one happy guy.

Thanks yall!!

Bullwhips were from the eighties. The best way to describe them is that they look like a pool cue - one continuous taper from the handle to the tip. I still have a spinning one, it's been retired for quite a long time now. They only came in black as far as I can remember.

It's a conversation starter for sure.

Bullwhips were from the eighties. The best way to describe them is that they look like a pool cue - one continuous taper from the handle to the tip. I still have a spinning one, it's been retired for quite a long time now. They only came in black as far as I can remember.

It's a conversation starter for sure.

Hahahahaha, so funny you say that. They are most def a conversation starter! What a hilarouis rod. I think im going to keep it as an anique rod. im sure ill want it for a decoration or something one day.

I got the other rod now too. Im VERY curouis of it and would love to figure out who made it and its facts. Ive played with it for a minute and heres my details of the rod. Will get pictures up of both of them here in a few.

The unkown rod details:

69 1/2 inches long (5'9 1/2 feet)

Cork handle

Odd reel seat (look at pics when they r up)

Fairly light (not sure if its just because its shorter than most of my rods or what?) (actual weight is 4.11 oz)

The rods color is a darkish gray

Also has a odd trigger.

Seems fairly sensetive

~The unknown rod~

0402092029.jpg

0402092029a.jpg

0402092030.jpg

~Bullwhip  ;D~

0402092037.jpg

0402092037a.jpg

It's a vintage rod for sure...tried looking up the information shimano bullwhip BMP-1602 to find out what it was used for.My yield search came up empty.There's a few information for other rods,just not that one.

It sounds like a small trout,perch kinda rod from what i've collected.

I'd just hang on to it if you are into collection old fishing stuff.

Yeah,i'm a bit bored... ;D

the shimano bullwhip was one of the best bass rods of the 80's and early 90's it was well known for it's sensativaty