Sign in to follow this  
Bank1128

Looking for Baitcasting Combo

Looking to buy a baitcasting rod and reel combo.. something relatively cheap as would be my secondary rod (hopefully 40 bux or less)... gonna fish mainly spinners, cranks and jigs on it.. ive seen some cheap ones online but just wanted to get some opinions as i don't really know which rods to trust... any suggestions?

I am assuming you mean $40 each for a reel/rod setup. If this is the case, I would try and find a Bass Pro Shops Extreme reel on sale. They may still have some of last years for $39. Then wait for a BPS Crankin Stick to go on sale for $40. I think it would be great for cranks, good for spinnerbaits, and ok for jigs.

Stick to Ebay for a low budget combo. You can find some great deals on there!

thanx for the advice, ill hafta check ebay... and i did mean 40 overall, i was just at dicks and found 3 different combos for 50 so i might jus end up going with one of them, one was a quantum originally marked for 100, i think it was an 07, the other was an intensity all star... jus dont have the money right now to get a nice combo and i really wanna get into baitcasting

actually jus checked cabelas.com and found a combo for 30, its a shakespeare agility and cabelas pro guide. the reviews are mostly positive... any ideas about which combo would be best?