Sign in to follow this  
South FLA

Bait Monkey Rejoice

Tackle Warehouse has a 15% memorial day sale!  I think I am going to buy that Mustang Auto Inflatable vest and maybe I will give a Abu Revo Toro a try, yes another Revo, hopefully my 4th attempt at one will have me jumping on the bandwagon.

Only two things?  You can do better than that with 15% off.

I have a REVO SX.  Was not thrilled with it with 30LB Power Pro on a 7' rod.  Could not get within 10 feet of where I wanted to cast.  I changed to 20LB Power Pro and a 6'6" rod.  What a difference.  I have 4600 and 5500 C3's on 6, 6.6, 7' and 7'6" rods and have no problem going from one rod size to another.   I tried the SX with 20 LB on a 7' rod and had the same problem.   I sure it is just me.

If I did not like my 4600C3's so much, I would inverst in more SX's.

I myself have had bad luck with the Revo's. I just bought my 5th one, a Revo S. I have always hated the braking system, but the 6 pin system on the S is amazing. I might look into other Revo's with the 6 pin system. I am not a fan of Mag brakes.

I myself have had bad luck with the Revo's. I just bought my 5th one, a Revo S. I have always hated the braking system, but the 6 pin system on the S is amazing. I might look into other Revo's with the 6 pin system. I am not a fan of Mag brakes.

Try the Revo Winch man! It is amazing for deep cranks, swimbaits and flippin as well!

Cabela's also has some super slashed prices this weekend.  I picked up a XML spinning rod last night for $69.99 (50% off!!).  They have some really good prices on some reels right now too.  I need a new tent, so I guess I'll be going back ;)

Save your money on the Revos just buy a Slivermax that way you will have enough money to buy a really good rod to go with your reel