Sign in to follow this  
volpster31

lindy no-snagg sinker?

im looking into buying these lindy no-snagg sinkers because i want to get more into carolina rigging but never used them...are they worth the money?is there something better i should get? my usual fishing spot has a lot of flooded brush & timber and can be real snaggy,but thats where the big boys are....let me know what you use for carolina riggin'

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=74333&hvarDept=100&hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=10&hvarSubCode=3&hvarTarget=browse

I've used the original Lindy No Snags but I had to drill a hole in one end of it to make it work like I wanted on the c-rig.Those center sliders look like a good idea for the c-rig but I wouldnt mess with 'em unless they rattle.Plus I would paint them green,brown or some other natural color.

As far as carolina rigging goes,I'd rather set my hair on fire and beat it out with a hammer instead of throwing it but it will put fish in the boat when the bite gets tough....its definitely a technique that you should use on a regular basis.

They aren't very good for timber. They are designed for mainly rocks. I have been using them for C-Rigging for years and they are great for the most part but they can damage your line fairly easy. Let me give you one of my secrets. Get the origonal Lindy's and then get you some Quick Change Clevises like these http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/lure-clevises/ and put them on your line, then clip the sinker to that. I will save you a bunch of heartache later on.

This is just my experience and not an expert opinion by any means.  Two years ago, I was fishing a club tournament with the guy who won the "Mr. Bass Award" for the year.  He had been fishing on this particular lake for several days prior to the event and had found lots of keeper sized bass on a road bed in a large cove.  As we pulled in he began C-rig fishing and started pulling in one after the other.  I pulled out my C-rig set up with a lindy sinker and was using the same lure as him.  He limited out in a about 15 minutes and culled about 6 times in a half-hour.  I couldn't buy a bite in the same area, with the same lure.  The only difference in our set ups was that he was using an egg sinker and I was using the Lindy.