Sign in to follow this  
basspro96

Flurocarbon prodicament

I am looking for a spool of GOOD flurocarbon the spool size is around 2000+ yards for around 60 to  80 dollars.....I use Vanish right now and never had a problem with it. I have used the BPS fluro and all I had was problems with it....I have also been looking at seaguar red label and        P-line flurocarbon in that price range. All help is appreciated ;)

i think you are going to get a lot of different oppinions about it, some members like one while others like another line.

Having said that, I like p-line and have not tried any other brand at this point, I heard good things about it and decided to try it.

If i was to try a different line to see if I like it I would not buy a big spool just in case I didn't like it and be stuck with a bunch of line I don't like. I would buy a spool for one reel and see how I like it, if I did like the way it fishes then I would buy a big spool. Just my $0.02.

I bought 2000yd spools of Berkley 100% for around $100 (I paid $115 for the more expensive 17lb).  I purchased them from 'Brody of the Lake' on Ebay, whom sells Elite Series anglers 'extra' stuff.  I messaged Brody on ebay curious about what pro's line I was buying, and found out it was Skeet Reese's.  Extra mojo...free of charge!

The Natural could you post a link to brody's store?  I tried to search for his shop and by seller but came up empty handed.

Thanks

I recently bought some seaguar red label 20# test for flipping and pitching and it has good sensitivity but it's fairly hard to manage. Part of that I'm sure is the 20# test but I certainly prefer invisx so far. I have a couple spools of trilene fluro and it seems fairly sensivitive and managable. The only issue I have right now is I was forced to buy 12lb because they were out of anything higher (would have preferred 15lb) and my local lake is getting VERY CLEAR anyway. So I've had a few line breaks on hook sets and what not and that doesn't make me happy.

BPS XPS for me! Never had any problems once i learned how to spool it correctly!!!!      ;D