Sign in to follow this  
Ridgerunner7

Is the 7' Mojo Heavy action rod (fast tip) a decent flipping rod?

I chose this rod because it felt better than the 7'6" flipping rod.  I don't do a ton of flipping so i thought this rod would be good for other applications as well.  It actually is the Mojo frog rod.  What are you thoughts?  Keep it? or return and get something else.  

keep it,i used to have the same set up but recently traded it (only due to the fact i have a few mojos and just wanted something different).but it worked great for me and held up awesome and pulled some nice fish out of nasty junk.it also doubled for me as a topwater and spinnerbait rod for awhile.

i have a carrot stick as well i love my mojos dont get me wrong but the carrot stick is WAY more sensitive and light,you can feel any and everything on a c.stick,even a minnow farting  ;D.the choice is yours they are both good sticks but the carrot stick yes is more sensitive imo.but mojo gets the cake for looking better  ;)

Mojos are not that sensitive and do not have the best guides either. They have some serious backbone though. Yours is labeled Frog and Slop, techniques in which braid is common. But i messed the guides up on one using 30lb braid, just a though. With that said, Carrot sticks have crappy guides as well! If those were the only choices i would keep the Mojo. You might want to look at Falcon Buccoo rods as well.

Mojos are not that sensitive and do not have the best guides either. They have some serious backbone though. Yours is labeled Frog and Slop, techniques in which braid is common. But i messed the guides up on one using 30lb braid, just a though. With that said, Carrot sticks have crappy guides as well! If those were the only choices i would keep the Mojo. You might want to look at Falcon Buccoo rods as well.

mine handles braid fine and has for years now...forgot to tell you that though bout the mojos i used fluoro on mine either yozuri or cxx,never put braid on any of my mojos.but the carrot stick will handle it fine,besides it has a lifetime warranty.

I have the same rod and I used it for flippin quite often it's a steal for $90 bucks. It handles braid fine 65lb to be exact and is made from St. Croix.

I love mine and wouldn't have it any other way !!!