Sign in to follow this  
Ridgerunner7

New Berkley Shock Rods

I bought a 7' MH shock rod.  Does anyone like these?  You'll all think I'm crazy but, it's more sensitive than my mojo bass rod and as good as my compre.  I'm sure the quality isn't as good, but I'm happy with it.

The Lightning Shock and AMP are both solid performing rods.  $30-50 rods that feel like they should have a price tag in the $150 range.  

Does anyone like these?

I'm happy with it.

That's all that matters!  

are you talking about those "superline rods" the lightning shock or whatever? if so ive heard alot of good stuff about them, it was actually the rod i was kinda wanting to get but the only ones around here were a 6' and i wanted between a 6'6"-7'

I haven't tried the Shock rods and did not know that Berkley has re-introduced a superline rod series again. Their Ultra Max series was marketed many years ago when the superline craze was first getting started and they had a superline called Ultra Max. I still have a spool of the 25# but have given all my Ultra Max rods away to kids just getting started in jr. bass clubs. Those rods performed very well with the superlines since their parabolic flex was suited for it. I think I had 6 of them and never broke any like I had with some of the stiffer graphite or boron rods in that time period.