Sign in to follow this  
Koop

Bought my new rod

Friend of mine was using my berkley amp last night and broke it, he is paying to replace it and I was thinking about taking the money paying the difference and upgrading a bit or getting another amp as I do like it, just wanted thoughts on my set up.

I currently have a 7' M/F Spinning, I use this set up for my jerk baits and finesse worms and a 7' MH/F St.Croix w/ Revo S (50# Fireline Braid) that I'm using for worms / jigs. Looking at getting something that will perform well with cranks / spinners and completement the two I have. Was thinking about the berkley shock 6' MH/F or the st.croix mojo bass 7' MH/M. Or something else? Not wanting to spend over $100-120 including the money he's repaying me. I have a BPS Pro Tournament series reel that will be mounted on it.

Thoughts?

mojo is a good rod... clarus and compre are nice, or you can wait and get one of those garcia rods micro posted about a couple of days ago.

The Garcia rod would be great, but no telling when it will release, could be sept or oct be a bit rough without a crank / sb rod until then me thinks.

MH/F BPS Crankin' Stick man! I use mine for spinnerbaits and cranks and it is great IMO! Very strong backbone but soft tip to launch the lures and not pull the hooks out.

There are a few Cabela XMLTi's left at $110.  They are a great value at that price.  There are also a some XML's at $50.  Generally, model #'s ending in 2 are ML, 3 are M and 4 are MH.  The labels on the site are not that accurate.

Thanks for all the input, I went to the local shop and felt a lot of the poles recommended.  I ended up spending a bit more than I said but after feeling out the 6'6 M/F carrot stick that was my favorite.  Did well with it today, bagged me 2 LM, 2# and one real little guy.