Sign in to follow this  
MattinOK

What color of Fireline?

I decided to put fireline on my only reel. This spinning reel serves for senkos, TR worms, lipless cranks, and spinnerbaits. (I can here ya'll groaning, but I can't afford a new combo right now.) I was thinkin' either 20/30lb braid, but what color should I get? Water visibility round here is never more than 1-2ft three ft max. Thanks for your help,

Matthew Luce

anything but fireline. if you're going for a braid try suffix. i like yo-zuri hybrid. roadwarrior always talks about it and i finally gave it a try and it's AMAZING. and really strong.... AND INVISIBLE!

I'd love to try hybrid, but the aforementioned spinning reel only holds up to 8 lb. test. So for fishing cranks (remember I only have 1 rod and reel...) if I get it stuck in some nice grass or something... .BOOM! no more plug. That's why I want braid. I can get 20 or 30lb test to fit on my reel.

On a spinning reel I personally won't go heavier than 20lb. I recommend Stren Sonic Braid, or Super Braid if you can find it. Power Pro and Suffix aren't bad thats just not what i like. Don't waste your money on Fireline.

Honestly, Berkley should've named their braid something without "Fireline" in it since Fireline seems to have a lot of negative attitudes attached with it. I used the original Fireline and I wasn't very happy with it either.

The 30# Fireline Braid works very well on spinning gear-it has a 8# mono diameter. I use the Tracer so I can see it better than the solid green. I have it on two of my finesse presentation rigs. I do prefer the Stren Superbraid over any other superline so far (not happy with it being discontinued).

MattinOK, you are not limited to 8# max line on your reel, your reel just shows how much typical 8# mono diameter line it will hold. You can use a higher pound test line and it will hold less, or you can use a lower pound test line and it will hold more.

Agreed with the guys above, don't get Fireline...get Fireline BRAID.

X2

FireLine braid is by far the best braid i have ever used! Suffix and Pp can't even dream of touching it!!!!! I use the green for all my fishing.

The problem with Fireline is what again? I've been using this line, in various weights, for 1/2 dozen years now and have had no problems what-so-ever. I hear about the evils of Fireline every now & then and it just bewilders me?

Anyway, think about trying the Crystal version. Been using that for 2 seasons now and I love it. But stick with the lighter weights. The 30# test will pull over a tree. ;D

Agreed with the guys above, don't get Fireline...get Fireline BRAID.

X2

FireLine braid is by far the best braid i have ever used! Suffix and Pp can't even dream of touching it!!!!! I use the green for all my fishing.

by saying dont get fireline get fireline braid are you meaning the "original fused"??  if so thats what i was going to get awhile ago before i got my baitcaster.