Sign in to follow this  
scaledriver

Good line for crankbaits or spinnerbaits

Is flourocarbon good for crankbaits and spinnerbaits?  I am slowly gettin myself geared back up again after a long time away and I am trying to set myself up a descent rig for spinnerbaits and crankbaits (is this possible?) I am not sure what line would be best though

I would use 12 lb. Vicious flourocarbon for both.

I use BPS XPS 14lb fluoro for my cranks and spinnerbaits too. When i fish them around cover i will move up to 17lb.

Thanks guys for the help!  I was really wanting to use Flourocarbon for both.  Aye I think I will go with the 17lb the lake I fish the most has very heavy cover.  If I went with 17lb probably XPS Flouro will I be good to cast 1/4 crankbaits?  I plan on using a 7' Allstar GT40 MH rod with a REVO Winch or STX 6.4:1

Thanks guys for the help! I was really wanting to use Flourocarbon for both. Aye I think I will go with the 17lb the lake I fish the most has very heavy cover. If I went with 17lb probably XPS Flouro will I be good to cast 1/4 crankbaits? I plan on using a 7' Allstar GT40 MH rod with a REVO Winch or STX 6.4:1

I would only use the winch if you are mainly fishing deep water. The STX will allow for more versatility. You can cast light lures with 17lb fluoro as long as the rod has enough tip and the reel is set right.

Thanks Dink for sure at the moment I am looking for versatility.  

I use mono for everything exept jig or bottom/cover fishing. I love the give mono has. I can really make hard hooksets and play the fish a bit more with mono. Landed a 10lber on 12lb mono. And he FAUGHT!