Sign in to follow this  
The Yankee Fist

Couple of questions for Reel Mechanic

Hi there!

I have some OLD Shimano reels, a Custom Magnumlie 1000gt spinning reel from the early 80's and a Bantam Magnumlite 200GT baitcaster.

Can these be restored?...more for retirement and wall hanging but I'd like them to be brought back to snuff.

Also, I have a Quantum IRC4 or 3..can't remember, that one I still use...serviceable?

The other is...I have a new Sustain FE....Should that be serviced yearly if well taken care of?

Whatever the case when the season ends I would like to send them all to you to go through them.

Thanks,

Scott

I have some OLD Shimano reels, a Custom Magnumlie 1000gt spinning reel from the early 80's and a Bantam Magnumlite 200GT baitcaster.

Can these be restored?...more for retirement and wall hanging but I'd like them to be brought back to snuff.

The reels are discontinued, and I doubt that there are any parts available (I know they aren't from Shimano)...
Also, I have a Quantum IRC4 or 3..can't remember, that one I still use...serviceable?
(Circa Oct96) Also discontinued reel/s.
The other is...I have a new Sustain FE....Should that be serviced yearly if well taken care of?
Yes have the factory service the reel just before it's one year anniversary. Then to maintain it, full service yearly (depending on amount of use).

Tight Lines!!!!

Thanks! I didn't know if maybe there was a huge aftermarket supply of parts one could draw on. Easier to buy new stuff now :)

My old dogs' gotta stay on the porch now. Great memories, they will hang proudly. :P