Sign in to follow this  
Koop

Ardent Line Butter Conditioner

Anyone tried this out?  Thoughts on it?  Comparisons to KVD Line Conditioner?

i bought a bottle from boaters world when they went out. it seems to work just fine. just when the line hits the water , there is alot of residue in the water. i question if the bass see/smell it also. ive never used any other line conditioner though , so i dont know if thats common.

I tried it.  I bought it from BPS and put it on braid and fluorocarbon.  It made everything feel greasy to me.  I have stopped using it.  My opinion is that if you have the right line for the application (YoZuri Hybrid for bait casting and braid for spinning) you don't need line conditioner.

I don't use Ardent, but I use Blakemores Reel Magic. It is for reducing line memory. I saw some of you guys said residue and greasy, why not put it on the day before you go fishing? Why even risk having a scent or grease going into the water and spooking fish? Put it on, let it dry, then go fishing.

Just use KVD and don't worry about it.  Though it is better when it is applied with enough time to let it dry but it is odorless and does not leave anything greasy feeling.  I have not used the Ardent stuff but I have been using KVD for 2+ years and haven't seen a need to change.