Sign in to follow this  
highbars92

Okuma Reflexions

I just ordered a Okuma Reflexions 661mh casting rod. Has anyone tried this rod? I have the Okuma Big bait rods and love'm. I couldn't find the Lightning Rod Shock around town and saw these Okuma's for $39.00 plus shipping. I'll put out a report as soon I try it out.

My gf picked up the 5'6 MH reflexions and I thought it felt really nice. Spinning rod. However supposivly she casted it out and thought the end came disconnected only to find out the rod actually snapped. She only fished it for maybe 3 days and she was pretty careful with it. So im interested in seeing how you make out. I got myself a lightning rod 6' spinning for my outfit and I love it. Really light weight and sensitive and ton of backbone. MH ofcoarse.

I got to try out my new Okuma Reflexions 661mh casting rod this weekend. I didn't bass fish with it but used it saltwater fishing. I had a 1/8th ounce jig with a 3"gulp shrimp on a Calcutta with 8lb big game. It casted the jig with no problem in the 20mph headwindwind. The sensitivity was pretty good. I noticed they did use cheap guides to cut down costs but for $39.00 plus shipping I wouldn't hesitate toi get another but probably the 7'm. The rod has a longer butt than my lightning rod shock. It has plenty of backbone. It looks like an ideal rod for worm fishing which is what I'll use it this spring when I'm bass fishing again.