Sign in to follow this  
Jake...

St Croix Mojo vs. Shimano Compre - spinning rod

I take it you read my post. I will guess 50/50 between the two. Good luck! B)

Go Compre!!! Interesting name. "I bought," in Spanish. What's up with that, Shimano?  A little Daiwa paralleling? ;D

Sol = Sun

Tierra = Earth

Viento = Wind

Fuego = Fire

Luna = Moon

Go with the Shimano Compre, i have have owned mine for three years now with no problems, the rod is vey sensitive, i really like the finger cut out in the cork, it is also very well balnced. The St. Croix Mojo is very tip heavy IMO, i have never used one just held them in the stores.

-matt-

Go with the Shimano Compre, i have have owned mine for three years now with no problems, the rod is vey sensitive, i really like the finger cut out in the cork, it is also very well balnced. The St. Croix Mojo is very tip heavy IMO, i have never used one just held them in the stores.

-matt-

X2.  That is an awesome feature.  It really enhances the sensitivity compared to my other spinning rods.

-matt-

100% correct. both of my Mojo's are 7' rods, if someone has to have a Mojo rod id look at the 6'6" rods first to help with the tip heavy problem.

I take it you read my post. I will guess 50/50 between the two. Good luck! ;)

Go Compre!!! Interesting name. "I bought," in Spanish. What's up with that, Shimano?  A little Daiwa paralleling? ;D

Sol = Sun

Tierra = Earth

Viento = Wind

Fuego = Fire

Luna = Moon

lol i forgot about that post. i remembered it after i made this thread and re-read your response B)

Never used a compre, but I can tell ya i own a 7' m (the plastics model). And havent been too satisfied. Its heavy, not as senstive as some cheaper rods I own, and have had two guide inserts fall out.

They look better than the shimano in my book, thats about the only good thing i can say.

I have the 6'6 MH compre spinning rod and love it. Never used the mojo but handled it and it might be prettier but it feels a lil heavier then the compre. Plus I love the cutout in the handle. You cant beat it for 90 bux imo. Good luck

I have the 6'6 MH compre spinning rod and love it. Never used the mojo but handled it and it might be prettier but it feels a lil heavier then the compre. Plus I love the cutout in the handle. You cant beat it for 90 bux imo. Good luck

well thank you sir.

you think i could tesht it out, just tesht it out