Sign in to follow this  
DEbassman17

how much could i sell this for?

Hey guys how much do you think i could get for a Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 5000?the original red one. I recieved it from a neighbor but really don't use it it has a small nick on the left side of the reel above the side plate, it is right handed and has all the boxes and papers + accesories and case it came with. Any ideas?? thanks in advance !  :)

-Jason

How vintage? If it's very old and functional, it could be worth $75-$100. If it's kind of old, I'd say $35-$50.

Reel Mech may know alot more about.

You'll need to post pictures and the numbers off the reel foot.  Garcia has been making red reels for over 40 years.  

Geez, I don't know: I would say $1,000,000,000,000,000. if you get the right guy and he is drunk enough. I would make sure it was a pay pal deal , however

Why do you want to sell it? You have a very decent, reliable, easy-to-service baitcasting reel. It will last for generations. I've caught tons of bass on the Abu rounds. You can spend a lot more, but I doubt you'll find a better reel for the money.

As said up above, I'd guess you could easily sell it on eBay for around $35 - $50. If I didn't have enough of them, I might have made you an offer.  :)

www.joesoldlures.com/wwwboard//index.html

Go to the above site and ask, include foot number and whether a three screw or four screw side plate. There are a bunch of Abu collectors over there and a wealth of knowledge. However, most of those are fairly common and I would not expect more than 50, but who knows!