Sign in to follow this  
ghost

St Croix LTB 7' MH B/C Rod Other Uses?

This is the Sweeper Spinnerbait model.

Besides what it's tech specific for...spinnerbaits, can this rod do other duties like T-rigs, Carolina rigs, jigs, Senkos, buzzbait, swimbaits???

I do have this rod & I find it to be quite tip heavy, is this something you guys also experience? Is this a good thing for this rod length or should I look at other mfg's in a 7' MH model?

If it's the 4C70MHF, then yes it's a great plastics rod as it is uber sensitive.  Heavier plastics (whether jigs or carolina or texas rigged) and flipping are other areas it would excel in.

You can use it for everything you mentioned and more.  Try a few different reels on it to see which gives you the best feel...  it may feel more balanced with a different reel.  

I use that rod for all jigs including football, spinnerbaits, c-rigs, t-rigged plastics and smaller swimbaits. It's a great all around casting rod.  If I had to pick one spinning and one casting rod it would be the 6'8 M XF spinning and the 7'0 MH F casting. I have 20 St. Croix rods and these 2 are by far the most used.