Sign in to follow this  
Fat-G

Powell Max-Please Help!

I'm about to get a Powell, either the 704c (Heavy), or the 705c (Mag-Heavy). What is the difference? I think I would like the 704 better, but I just want to make sure. Is the Mag-Heavy a completely different rod? This rod will be used for fishing 3/8-1/2 oz. jigs in and around cover. Thanks!

I'm about to get a Powell, either the 704c (Heavy), or the 705c (Mag-Heavy). What is the difference? I think I would like the 704 better, but I just want to make sure. Is the Mag-Heavy a completely different rod? This rod will be used for fishing 3/8-1/2 oz. jigs in and around cover. Thanks!

I would go with the 705, the 704 is great for casting 1/4-3/8oz jigs and texas rigs around light cover but gets a little bogged down with 1/2oz and up, it's no broom stick.  The 705 seems to be better around cover with heavier baits, slightly heavier than the 704 but still extremely fishable and a great rod.

The 705C is by far my favorite worm/jig rod. Very sensitive and light too. Slightly over rated in power though(not mag h). I pitch 1/2oz jigs into tight cover with ease on this rod. You will not be disappointed man!  

I own two 704C's.  They are extremely versatile but if you are just looking for a jig rod go with the 705.  Although I love the 704's I find myself continually wishing I had a 705 as a dedicated jig rod.

Its actually more stiff than the 704 but barely weighs more.  

Alright thanks guys! I'll get the 705. Ahh man I'm so pumped for this new rod!!!