Sign in to follow this  
K_Mac

Gamma copolymer line?

A friend gave me a couple of rolls. It was on clearance. I'm not familiar with this line. I went to their web site, and the line is still produced. So, I have 600 yrds of 10#. Do I put it on a baitcaster, use it for Carolina rig leaders, or give it as a Christmas gift? ::D

A friend gave me a couple of rolls. It was on clearance. I'm not familiar with this line. I went to their web site, and the line is still produced. So, I have 600 yrds of 10#. Do I put it on a baitcaster, use it for Carolina rig leaders, or give it as a Christmas gift? ::D

I used it for several outings, and it is a strong and manageable line.  However, it had too much stretch and not enough abrasion resistance for my taste.  It is more of a 'trilene XL' line than a 'trilene XT' line, if you catch my drift.

I'm a big fan of Trilene XL, and probably use it more than I should because of its manageable nature. Next season I am going to try some fluorocarbon and fluoro hybrids and give braid one more chance.

Thanks for the review. I appreciate it.

I have almost all of my rigs lined up with Gamma Copolymer. Try this line out on your Baitcaster. If you don't love it, then Ill give you my address and you can send the rest to me. :D

I have almost all of my rigs lined up with Gamma Copolymer. Try this line out on your Baitcaster. If you don't love it, then Ill give you my address and you can send the rest to me. :D

Fair enough. 8-) I'll let you know. The way the weather is it may be  a little while, but that's a deal. :P

I also use and love the Gamma copolymer line. No one line is the best for every situation but for me the Gamma is the best of compromises for the most situations. IMO, it has the manageability of Trilene XL but less stretch and less memory. As for the abrasive characteristics most of my fishing is in fairly open waters so it has worked well there too. I would definitely give it a try.  

I've used gamma and spent alot of time picking out tangles and little time fishing with it. If it were up to me, Give it as a christmas gift. I have tried several different copolymer lines lately and have been having decent experiences with them. Then recently I was in a local tackle shop and I noticed a line that I have not used since I bought my reel. The person I bought the reel from said let me string up this reel for you with something that will make your fishing time more enjoyable. And boy was he right. That line is SILVER THREAD. Try it, you'll love it. You will never use another copolymer ever again. Many less tangles to worry about and casts far. I bought the line, put it on my reel and have had 2 weeks of no tangles or knots fishing.