Sign in to follow this  
Rebel Angler

Rod Selection

I've got a Falcon Medium-Light action rod. Does anybody know what type of lure is best used for this rod?

I wana get a couple more rods for certain types of lures. A crank, finesse, spinner, soft baits, etc.

Can yall help me out with choosing some rods that wont break the bank.  All under $100 is possible.

Thanks!

Is your meduim-light Falcon rod casting or spinning?

The $100.00 price range is becoming very popular these days.  Just about every company is making rods in that price range:

Falcon Bucoo rods

Wright & McGill Skeet Reese rods

Abu Garcia Vendetta rods

And many more I can't think of right now

I have a couple st croix premier rods that I really like there 100 bucks and they also have the  premier series glass crankbait rods for 100. I haven't used the crankbait rod but I have been pretty happy with the st croix line.

If I understood your question you want all the rods for under 100 not 100 each. If thats so you need to look at the berkley amp rods for the money. Probably a medium and a medium heavy.

my medium light falcon is spinning...sorry I should've said that in my first message.

an no sorry that was kind of a confusing way to say it, but I want each rod to be under $100 not all of them combined.

sorry for the confusion.

Thanks!

Crankbaits=BPS Crankin' stick. I don't have one myself, but everyone who does is happy with them. Regularly $80 I think, on sale now for $50.

7' MH Remember that $50 savings.

This rod while probably a little stiff would double as a general top water rod IMO.

St Croix Mojo. Less than $100. 7' MH. IMO a 7ft MH is the best all around B/C rod. Can do everything well. Even really light stuff with the right reel.

Jerkbaits, top waters, and close quarter crankbaiting (laydown fishing with crankbaits)

I'm sure there are others out there but I have a Falcon Lowrider XG. 6'6 MH. Works perfectly for this. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

I've also used this rod for wacky worms, with the BPS Pro light finesse reel. Throws them great. Small Senko w/no weight on a baitcasting setup.

You need a jig/worm rod, and a GOOD finesse rod. Use the spinning rod that you have for now for everything and then decide what you want to buy first.

IMO a shakey head rod, and a drop shot rod are two different animals. They don't interchange. A shakey rod needs a much faster tip, and can be a little shorter than a drop shot rod.

I think Loomis hit the nail on the head with their shakey head rod. I would go for the heavier of the two as it will still handle the lighter weights just fine.

Rogue rods are a great value. I've been using one of those for tubes and wacky worms for awhile now. Most underrated rod built IMO.

Use any savings you can on BPS crankbait rods, the Mojo at under $100 and the BPS reels when on sale, and apply it towards upgrading your jig/worm baitcasting rod and your good finesse rod.

Are you going to start learning how to use baitcasters or just stick with spinning? I have the St. Croix premier crankbait rod and the i have St. Croix mojo that I can let you mess around with next time we go fishing but they're baitcasters. But here's a few spinning that you can check out that have good reviews that were mentioned in earlier posts.

http://www.***.com/descpageABUSR-AGVSR.html

http://www.***.com/descpageWNMSR-WMTSR.html

http://www.***.com/descpageRDSSTCROIX-SCMJSR.html

http://www.***.com/descpageSPINFALCON-FBCS.html