Sign in to follow this  
Clyde

H20 Mono line

Has anyone tried academy's brand of mono line. I have used the cranks and looked at the rods and reels but just noticed the line last night. Its a pretty good diameter to lb. test rating. Says its abrasion resistant. I bought some 6 lb. test to put on a spinning reel and some 10 lb. for a baitcaster that needed the line changed. Anyway it seemed to come off the spool good with little memory but only time will tell. Just wondering if anyone else had tried it. Its priced REALLY good. Thanks

I assume you picked up the newest line. My story is I still use their "older" line and love it ( I have plenty left). But this summer 2009, they now switched to Suffix making it and I haven't tried it yet. I don't remember the original OEM. I really loved their high visibility yellow for worming and jigging, but they don't carry it anymore and it appears Suffix isn't going to make it. In summary, I've used Suffix line in the past, so I don't think you'll be disappointed if Suffix is their OEM. Let us know.

It will be a week or so before I get to fish it. But just from spooling it on I like it so far. I have spooled on cheap line before that I knew I was not going to like before it ever made it to the lake. So I have high hopes. Time will tell I guess.

One good deal I've used the last two years is Berkley has a $5 rebate on two spools of their Big Game line, limit two rebates. It has ran from January to the first of September both years, watch for the rebate on Berkley's website, not the store, and of course you can buy it from any store.