Sign in to follow this  
dollarbill300

Lucky Craft Crankbait Rod

I saw a review online for the 7 foot fat mini magic crankbait rod lucky craft has out. It got very good reviews and was wondering if anyone has any experience with it or know someone that has used it and what they think about it.  I have a shorter crankbait rod, but it's not very good with heavy deep divers. Tackle warehouse has the rod for only $149. Any info would be great. Thanks.

I have the 7'MH BDS version of the Lucky Craft rod.  I love this rod and would recommend it to anyone.  The 7'MH is great for baits up to 18-20 feet, I feel that it's best for baits around 12'.  The Mini Magic is probably great for shallow to mid cranks, I was actually thinking about getting one for to replace my Carrot Stix Gold.  I personally believe the Lucky Craft Rods are highly worth the money.

Here's what I have going so far. I already have a 6'6" premier crank rod, medium power fast action. I use it for shallow and medium divers. Whenever I try to use heavier cranks like a dd22, they break off a lot and feel very awkward when trying to cast. I was looking for another crank rod that I can use mainly for heavier cranks and possibly small swimbaits, but would like to be able to use it for shallow and medium divers also if I want. I would prefer 7' and longer for more distance than what I can get with my 6'6". I saw the review of the lucky craft, but would take any recommendations..thanks.