Sign in to follow this  
KevO

Ceramic hybrid bearings

I'm thinking about buying some ABEC 7 ceramic hybrid bearings for my Core 100mg and Chronarch 50mg.  What kind of improvements would I see over the stock bearings?  I've heard you don't have to lube ceramic bearings is that true?  If you should lube them would the shimano Oil be OK?  Should I use something else?  Like Hot Sauce....LOL J/k!  Help me please!

Some of them will make your spool spin faster, but unless you are a very experienced caster, you will just have to set more brakes to compensate. The reels you listed already have some very good bearings in them. You should consider just getting them serviced. You can slow them down some by using oil, but then what would be the point?

the difference i see is with better grade bearings the spool will start easier. there is an improvement IMO but not a night and day improvement. one thing ive learned is most of the quality reels on the market really respond to a good clean and the correct lubing.

i would not get Orange Seal bearings.

as far as lube goes after my Daiwa lube is gone im buying all my lube from Reel Mechanic. you cant go wrong there.