Sign in to follow this  
auburn bass man

Falcon Cara for Cranking

Im about to buy several Cara T7's for various techniques and I'm stuck on what would be best for cranking.  I'm not looking for a "do-all" crank rod, rather something to throw shallow to medium depth runners with.  I'm torn between the 7'med reaction Cara which is a die hard crankin rod, or their AOY Cara casting rod which is a 6'8mh/mf.  I really like the split grip of the 6'8 but I'm wandering if the moderate fast tip will be too much and I should opt for the reaction series for my cranking.  I plan on getting at least one of the former for walking topwaters, and like I said maybe a second to take care of most of my cranking.  I appreciate any advice yall might have.  Thanks,

Jake

Im about to buy several Cara T7's for various techniques and I'm stuck on what would be best for cranking. I'm not looking for a "do-all" crank rod, rather something to throw shallow to medium depth runners with. I'm torn between the 7'med reaction Cara which is a die hard crankin rod, or their AOY Cara casting rod which is a 6'8mh/mf. I really like the split grip of the 6'8 but I'm wandering if the moderate fast tip will be too much and I should opt for the reaction series for my cranking. I plan on getting at least one of the former for walking topwaters, and like I said maybe a second to take care of most of my cranking. I appreciate any advice yall might have. Thanks,

Jake

that would be what id look at first.

Using the 7'ft medium reaction cara, am I going to be undergunned if I choose to throw a DT16?  I guess what I am asking is how deep, and how large can I go using this rod? Thanks.

Jake

the rod is rated at Lure Weight: 3/8-3/4. you should be ok.

will you feel like you just ran a marathon after tossing the bait all day?

not sure.

I'm using      CCB-5-173DR Deep Runner for D22, CCB-4-166M Mid-Cranker in cover.. Tree, stumps. CC-4-17M for lipless      

Crankbait. Excelent rods...

If I had the means right now, I would do exactly that. ^^.  However, even though only one cranking rod isnt enough to cover all my needs its going to have to cover most of them for a while.  Once I get the feel for what I like and dont like and see what there is left to be desired from having just one rod ill be more able to choose a second or third depending on what me needs are.  Im still stuck between the med and med/heavy reaction cara, its a tough choice.  Thanks for the input.

Jake