Sign in to follow this  
Fat-G

Senko rod, flippin'/jig rod, and new reel

Well, I've decided to keep my Lowrider. Casting in my backyard, it is a PERFECT senko rod. That'll be paired with a Citica 200e, and some PowerPro.

Next is the flippin' and jig rod, a 7'3" HXF Vendetta, Citica 200e (new), and 15/20 lb (can't decide!) Big Game.

Now I'll FINALLY shut up about this whole ordeal ;D

Well, I've decided to keep my Lowrider. Casting in my backyard, it is a PERFECT senko rod. That'll be paired with a Citica 200e, and some PowerPro.

Next is the flippin' and jig rod, a 7'3" HXF Vendetta, Citica 200e (new), and 15/20 lb (can't decide!) Big Game.

Hmm not a fan of mono for flipping. Just not very sensitive IMHO. I prefer fluro and usually use 17# for the most part.

Nice, I just picked up the same vendetta for the same application.

Looks like a solid rod can't wait to use it next season.

Is it real stiff?

Hmm not a fan of mono for flipping. Just not very sensitive IMHO. I prefer fluro and usually use 17# for the most part.

I should have specified more. Not actually flipping, just pitching jigs. For flipping I like braid.

I should have specified more. Not actually flipping, just pitching jigs. For flipping I like braid.

I would still go with fluoro..    Get some in 17lb and you are set.  (Trilene 100% or Gamma)

No, no, no, Fat-G.

You are a G. Loomis guy.

Tell your mom and dad that you really need a complete set of G. Loomis rods to pair with your new CORE reels or you will drop out of high school.

You will need these setups for Lake Lochinvar this summer.

Of course, your current selections are excellent and they should serve you well. Good choices!  :)

But give that Loomis and CORE a shot and see what happens.  ;D   ;D   ;D

Fat-G.....

Mono for treble hook baits.

Fluoro for everything else.

Braid for deep crankbaits and heavy cover.

Just food for thought when you are purchasing your line.  :)