Sign in to follow this  
I.rar

Fenwick Eagle GT

looking at the 6'6 MH casting rod. anyone have any experience with them? looking at past posts , they have mixed reviews from 'great rod for the money' to 'they are best used as a mop handle'.

forgot to add , this will be a 'beater' rod used for both fresh and salt water.

looking at their website , i see no mention of a warranty. :-?

HMX,  Eagle GT, Intercoastal and Venture Rod Series - 5 Year Limited Warranty

Fenwick warrants to the original purchaser that these rod series are free from defects in materials or workmanship for five (5) years from the date of purchase. If a product proves defective in some way, return it prepaid with proof of the date of purchase.

Fenwick

Attn: Customer Service

1900 18th Street

Spirit Lake, IA 51360

http://www.fenwickfishing.com/warranty.php

HMX, Eagle GT, Intercoastal and Venture Rod Series - 5 Year Limited Warranty

Fenwick warrants to the original purchaser that these rod series are free from defects in materials or workmanship for five (5) years from the date of purchase. If a product proves defective in some way, return it prepaid with proof of the date of purchase.

Fenwick

Attn: Customer Service

1900 18th Street

Spirit Lake, IA 51360

http://www.fenwickfishing.com/warranty.php

;D thanks.

My first rod that I bought dedicated to bass fishing was a 6'6" spinning medium powered. I broke it a few years ago and I wish I had it back. I think they are great rods for the money.

The new GTs are nice rods.  I've gotten to handle them and they are light, have nice guides and really nice handles.  I suspect people that refer to them as "mop handles" have no experience with them.  The people I know that actually use them like them very much. 

The new GTs are nice rods. I've gotten to handle them and they are light, have nice guides and really nice handles. I suspect people that refer to them as "mop handles" have no experience with them. The people I know that actually use them like them very much.

the one in question is the older model. i wouldnt imagine it being a terrible rod , but the mixed reviews made me ask about it.

ive held an older eagle gt spinning rod and it was very light and felt good in my hand. i wont be able to hold it before i buy it, but i think its worth a shot at its price.